The De La Salle High School Guidance Department provides personal, academic, emotional, and social support for all members of our school community. Our goal is to foster individual well-being in an atmosphere of hope and acceptance.
Specific counseling services include the following:
- Provides support for students having classroom difficulty
- Offers resources for students as they prepare for standardized tests (PSAT, SAT, ACT)
- Implements intervention strategies for at-risk students
- Facilitates school-wide testing programs
- Advises students with information on graduation, honors placement, and specialized academic opportunities to ensure they reach their full potential
PERSONAL and FAMILY COUNSELING:
- Creates a safe environment for students to speak to a professional counselor in times of personal difficulty
- Meets with students for individual and small group counseling
- Assists students with transition into high school
- Schedules and facilitates parent conferences
- Refers students for specialized services outside of the school
COLLEGE and CAREER COUNSELING:
- Schedules and coordinates visits from university representatives
- Guides students through their search for the college / career path that best suits their individual and unique needs
- Provides in-depth information on college scholarships and the college admissions process
- Offers students college and career catalogues, videos, and access to online programs to help them fully explore options for their future
- Organizes and conducts parent meetings to assist and provide parents with financial aid options and other college resources
De La Salle High School Counselors are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 2:45 pm to provide students, teachers, and parents with the support services necessary to foster success and personal development.
To make an appointment with a De La Salle counselor, please call 504-895-5717 and ask for the Guidance Department.